Wednesday, January 15, 2014
About Me - Introductory Blog
This is my introductory blog for ENG213. My name is Jodi Russell and I am taking ENG213 to fulfill course requirements for a Language Studies Certificate and an Associate in Arts degree. I love to read, mostly mysteries, but non-fiction as well, especially anything to do with the brain and how it works. I also enjoy yoga, hiking, crochet, knitting, and browsing thrift shops and antique stores. I speak some German and am currently in German102. We lived in Wiesbaden, Germany from 2002-2007 and that is where I learned most of the German that I do know. While there we did a fair amount of travelling around Europe and I was exposed to many languages. I've always been interested in the etymology of words and have taken Latin 101 and 102 here at GCC in order to better understand the beginnings of many of the words we use everyday. If I had it to do all over again I believe I would have become a linguistic anthropologist.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment